Dispelix Oy is an internationally recognized company specialized in augmented reality waveguide displays. Our waveguide technology is based on surface-relief gratings on a high refractive index substrate. Our self-developed unique methods of making the see-through displays power AR experiences that push boundaries. Dispelix Oy was founded in 2015 and is a fast-growing company with 130+ employees and more than 30 different nationalities in our team. We are operating in global locations including offices in Finland, Espoo (HQ) and Joensuu, the United States, and China.
R&D Team Lead
We are looking for an energetic and result driven person to lead our design team which is part of Dispelix’s R&D function. The team is designing optical waveguides for AR devices and is located both in Espoo and Joensuu.
The successful candidate should be passionate about people and able to create collaborative working environment for talented people. You will also plan and lead design work in customer and internal projects. You benefit of having additional technical expertise in diffractive optics, parallel computing, and/or product development.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the design team, monitor the progress, and develop collaborative and effective working environment
- Plan, organize and lead design work in customer and internal projects
- Execute projects on time and according to the plan
- Plan and organize internal design team trainings
- Work with other teams and engineers to compile requirements and functionalities for internal design capability
- Minimum Masters degree in Software Engineering, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in team lead position
- Ability to independently lead projects
- Comfortable with R&D and start-up working dynamics
- Comfortable with remote work and traveling
- Perseverance, proactive problem solving and staying on top of issues at all times should feel natural to you
As a person, we hope that you are:
- A logic and clear communicator with fluent spoken and written English skills
- Open-minded and courageous
- You have a flexible, positive and innovative mindset
- Chance to join the exciting and rapidly growing augmented reality industry
- Leading a highly motivated team in a cooperative atmosphere
- Unique opportunity to work with the world's leading consumer electronics companies that are pioneers in the augmented reality industry
- Vibrant and collaborative international work environment with start-up spirit
- Flexible working culture and work-life-balance
- Career development opportunities
- Health and travel insurance, lunch and sport & culture benefit, phone and mobile subscription
The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until 30th September 2022, or until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application as soon as possible. Apply by sending your Cover Letter, CV and salary request by as soon as possible via our recruitment tool.
Come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!
Further information please contact Ismo Vartiainen, firstname.lastname@example.org